Despite a plethora of injuries, the Eagles rallied last season to win the last four games of the regular season and earn a home playoff game in the Wild Card Round. Eventually, though, it was too much to overcome as they fell 17-9 to the Seahawks.
The Eagles have already addressed a few key areas of concern this offseason, including a trade to acquire cornerback Darius Slay from the Lions and shore up the secondary. They also picked up Steelers’ defensive tackle Javon Hargrave in free agency, which should be a big boost to their defensive line.
Still there are some concerns, most namely at wide receiver. Luckily for Philadelphia, this year’s class is flooded with talented pass-catchers. Even though they’ve had problems with picking receivers in the first round, there are enough promising talents that they should be able to find someone who can contribute right away.
Here’s a look at where the Eagles will be picking in the 2020 NFL Draft along with updated selections:
Eagles draft picks 2020: Who did Philadelphia draft?
- Round 1, Pick No. 21: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
When do the Eagles pick next?
The Eagles’ first pick in the 2020 NFL Draft will come at No. 21 overall in the first round. Philadelphia enters the draft with eight picks in total.
Eagles NFL Draft needs
- Wide Receiver: With Alshon Jeffery and Desean Jackson both at the tail end of their careers, this is the time for Philadelphia to find its future No. 1 receiver, whether that’s staying put at pick No. 21 or doing what it takes to trade up and get one of the top three receivers (CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs III) in this year’s draft.
- Another Wide Receiver: No team suffered more collective misfortune at wide receiver last season than the Eagles. In their home playoff game against Seattle, they started Greg Ward, Robert Davis and Deontay Burnett. There’s no telling what they’ll get from Jeffery or Jackson, and with the depth at receiver in this year’s class, it’d be a great time to pick up a young duo that could wreak havoc for years.
- Linebacker: The Eagles currently only have five linebackers on the roster, and none of them are particularly experienced, so they could definitely find a starter in the first few rounds, and look to add depth towards the end.
- Offensive Tackle: Even though Philadelphia has one of the best offensive lines in the league, the only back up tackle on the roster is Jordan Mailata, so there’s certainly a need to add depth there.
- Defensive Back: The Eagles made a big move by trading for Darius Slay, but they still need to add depth at corner back with some players approaching free agency. They could also use some backup at safety behind Jalen Mills and Rodney McLeod.
Eagles mock draft 2020
Here are the latest 2020 NFL Draft projections for the Eagles, according to Vinnie Iyer’s seven-round mock draft:
|2||53||Malik Harrison||LB||Ohio State|
|6||190||Kyahva Tezino||LB||San Diego State|